BCBSIL and Advocate Health Care offer new Exclusive HMO Network Plan
BCBSIL is announcing a new HMO network product, offered in collaboration with Advocate Health Care. This exclusive-network HMO is offered both on and off exchange for individuals, families and small group customers.
BlueCare DirectSM is a unique product that combines the strength, expertise and reputation of two of the state’s leading health organizations. It provides health care coverage that gives members access to the resources of the largest health care system in Illinois, including:
- More than 4,000 Advocate primary care and specialty physicians across Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane and Will counties
- 10 Advocate hospitals, including Advocate Children’s Hospital with campuses in Park Ridge and Oak Lawn
- Advocate Good Shepherd in Barrington
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in Chicago
- Advocate Trinity Hospital in Chicago
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital in Downers Grove
- Advocate Sherman Hospital in Elgin
- Advocate South Suburban in Hazel Crest
- Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville
- Advocate Christ Hospital Medical Center and Advocate Children’s Hospital in Oak Lawn
- Advocate General Hospital and Advocate Lutheran General Children’s Hospital in Park Ridge
- Advocate’s home health and hospice agency for transition from hospital to home
Because of its Advocate-exclusive network, BlueCare Direct is the BCBSIL lowest cost HMO, with lower monthly premiums and lower out-of-pocket costs.
While BlueCare Direct is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) product, Advocate has put added measures in place to make it even easier for BCBSIL members to get timely, coordinated care. Members can:
- Get same-day PCP visits
- See a cardiologist within 24 hours
- Request same-day mammograms and get the results on the same day
- Self-refer to specialists within the Advocate network without a PCP referral (except in some instances such as for surgical procedures or physical therapy regimens)
BlueCare Direct is ideal for your customers who live and work in the greater Chicago area and have no need to pay more for a network that includes providers in other parts of the state.