BCBSIL launches new payment channel for members to make a one-time “check by phone” or online EFT payment
On Monday, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) launched a new payment channel for members to make a one-time “check by phone” or online electronic funds transfer (EFT) payment. We have contracted with Alactriti, a third party vendor, to use their automated electronic bill and payment solution, OrbiPay®, to accept one-time payments by bank draft through an automated toll-free phone system as well as a simple Web solution that does not require logging in to Blue Access for Members (BAM).
There are two options for members to make a one-time payment:
- The phone option allows members to call the OrbiPay payment line 24/7 directly, toll-free at 877-433-3755.
- Members calling BCBSIL Customer Service will hear a message about their payment options. If they select “pay by check” the call will be routed to OrbiPay.
- If they select “pay by card” they will be routed to our credit card processing vendor at 866-654-8569, where they can make debit and credit card payments.
- The OrbiPay web solution can be found at bcbsil.com/payment-options. Members will log in with their 9-digit member ID number and their ZIP code.
- This information will pull the member’s record and allow the payment to be applied directly to the account.
- The payment will be posted within 24 hours, and the member will receive confirmation of payment receipt.
The member will receive a confirmation number and can choose to have confirmation sent to them via email.
With this new payment option, BCBSIL will no longer offer the Bill Pay Triage Unit phone number (800-792-8595). The unit will be discontinued by the end of the month.
Members will still need to speak with a BCBSIL Customer Advocate or log in to BAM to set up recurring monthly bank drafts.
Payments through OrbiPay should only be made on active accounts. If a member’s policy is cancelled but within their reinstatement period, please contact Customer Service directly.