BCBSIL to Offer No Enrollment Fee in May to Join Fitness Program
To celebrate National Fitness Month, the BCBSIL Fitness Program will waive the enrollment fee for new members who sign up May 1-31, 2013*. The Fitness Program offers Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) members unlimited access to a nationwide network of more than 8,000 participating facilities.
Members will first be notified in the May issue of LifeTimes**. Later in May, an email will be sent to all Blue Access for Members registered members.
The Fitness Program offers flexibility, convenience and ease for just one low monthly fee of $25. Other features of the Fitness Program include:
- Online enrollment and tracking
- Automatic monthly payment withdrawal
- No long-term contract required. Members pay only $25 per member per month.
- Access to discounts through a nationwide Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) network of 40,000 health and well-being providers such as massage therapists, personal trainers and nutrition counselors
- Up to 500 Life Points per week for regular visits. Members will earn a bonus 2,500 Life Points for joining the Fitness Program and can redeem points for apparel, books, electronics, health and personal care items, music and sporting goods.
Members can enroll in the Fitness Program by logging in to Blue Access for Members and clicking “Fitness Program” in the Quick Links section. They may also call 888-762-BLUE(2583) Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. in any continental U.S. time zone.
* After May 31, 2013, the regular enrollment fee of $25 will apply to all new memberships. Members must be 18 or older to join the Fitness Program.
**LifeTimes® is the monthly health and wellness enewsletter distributed to group members who are registered for Blue Access for Members. (Note: Some employer groups may have chosen to exclude their employees from receiving this newsletter.)