Order of St. Francis Healthcare System joins Aetna Northern IL network
Aetna has announced that the Order of Saint Francis (OSF) Healthcare System will be joining the Aetna Northern IL network effective September 1, 2009.
The OSF Healthcare System will be available to members enrolled in the following Aetna Advantage products:
- Aetna Choice® POS II
- Open Access Aetna Select
- Open Choice PPO
- Aetna HealthFund
- National Advantage Program
OSF Healthcare System is located across Northern Illinois. This addition will provide members an additional 225 physicians (including 144 primary care physicians and 81 specialists) and improve hospital access. With this addition, Aetna will now have 23 participating hospitals in the Northern Illinois network.
Facilities in the OSF Healthcare System include:
- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center – Rockford, IL
- OSF St. Mary Medical Center – Galesburg, IL
- OSF Holy Family Medical Center – Monmouth, IL
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center (Flagship hospital) – Peoria, IL
- OSF St. Joseph Medical Center – Bloomington, IL
- OSF Saint James Hospital – Pontiac, IL