BCBSIL Dental Plans
Optional Dental Plan
With the BCBSIL dental plan, you'll get dental coverage on day one with no deductible deductible required for check-ups, cleanings and other preventive services. Most important, costs are typically reduced when you receive care from any of our participating network dentists. However, you also have the option to see any dentist not in the network, but your out-of-pocket costs may be higher.
With BlueCare® Dental PPO, you'll get:
- One of the highest maximum annual benefit levels available – up to $1,500 per person per year
- Up to a 20% discount, up to a maximum savings of $1,000 for orthodontic services at participating dentists
For more information on coverage and benefits, view the BlueCare Dental Outline of Coverage
You must enroll in a BCBSIL health plan in order to enroll in the dental plan (you have up to 31 days from the effective date of your policy to enroll). Shop for a plan now.
- You must enroll in a BCBSIL health plan in order to enroll in the dental plan (excluding SelecTemp PPO). You have up to 31 days from the effective date of your policy to enroll.
- All members on that health plan must be enrolled in BlueCare Dental PPO.
- Once your dental plan is dropped for any reason, you cannot re-enroll unless you reapply for a new health insurance plan.
|Zip codes 600 - 608|
|Member + Spouse||$61.05|
|Member + Child(ren)||$52.35|
|Zip codes 609 - 629|
|Member + Spouse||$57.60|
|Member + Child(ren)||$49.40|
There are three ways to enroll in BlueCare Dental PPO:
- Select ‘YES’ next to the Dental option when you apply online for any qualifying Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois health plan. (excluding SelecTemp PPO).
- Call Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois toll-free at (800) 477-2000 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m., CT, Monday – Friday).
- Contact your local independent health insurance agent.